The Rānui arrived in the Hokianga in 2018 via a brief ownership in Tauranga, having spent most of her life on Lake Taupo.
- Length: 32 ft / 10 m
- Beam: 10.5 ft / 3.2 m
- Maximum number of passengers: 23
- Builder: Mac McGeady of Supreme Craft
Launched 29 January 1945.
Rānui means the middle of the day, or the meridian.
Originally named El Alamein, the Rānui was purpose built for ferrying returned World War II servicemen to the Rotorua Convalescent Hospital from Lake Rotorua to Lake Rotoiti. The boat was funded by the Patriotic Fund, of the Joint Council of the Red Cross and St John.
Specially designed with a shallow draft for passage through the Ohau Channel from lake Rotorua to Lake Rotoiti, she was originally open top and capable of seating up to 40 passengers.